The General Manager will be responsible for the development and growth of our operations in Mexico. The role requires exceptional leadership skills, operational expertise, strategic and entrepreneurial mindset to buil Mexico from the ground up. It is one of the most challenging roles at our company. The ideal candidate will possess previous experience in managing teams, business development, and will have demonstrated the ability to think strategically, measure success, drive execution, and get results. Specific responsibilities below.
- Set and track progress against goals for our portfolio.
- Scale team from 5 to 100+ employees
- Manage operations and lead initiatives across various business functions including marketing, loan processing, servicing, finance, customer service, legal etc.
- Support recruiting, hiring, training and development of local team.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams on new features and issue resolution.
- Support marketing efforts with local positioning, agency identification and communications.
- Explore local business development partnerships in public and private sectors.
Source local currency debt funding opportunities and close debt deals
5-7 years of operations experience and/or MBA a plus
Experience working for an international tech startup a big plus
Experience fundraising a big plus
Thinks strategically but 100% willing to get involved in operational detail and substitute for team leads
Outstanding communicator and highly collaborative
Entrepreneurial and proactive
Analytical - should have expert excel skills, SQL skills a plus
Passionate about financial services in emerging markets
Mexican nationals strongly preferred