The role will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results.
- Own daily accounting responsibilities, monthly financial close, and regular strategic projects, as well as managing our accounting staff.
- Strengthen our accounting policies and internal controls based on leading practices.
- Evaluate plant performance and spending, as well as ensure accurate product costing.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and create financial reports to share with directors and external stakeholders.