As Carrier Manager, you will focus on the dynamic brokerage aspect of one of the fastest growing cross-border freight brokers offering both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and attractive payment terms.
You will join the team that is responsible for helping customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing solutions through your carrier relationships.
- Focus on developing the procurement carrier strategy to increase capacity at advantageous rates for North American cross-border dry van, open deck and refrigerated trucking.
- Keep the entire company updated on current market conditions and competitive carrier rates.
- Identify and contact new and existing carriers and forge relationship with the high-level contacts that make decisions.
- Assist with all RFQ and pricing strategies and negotiate freight rates and carrier agreements.
- Use DAT/ITS to acquire capacity on the US spot market as needed.
- Help maintain a carrier database to ensure carrier credentials are current.
- Qualify carriers based on valid operating authority and safety records.
- Build strong relationships with Operation and Sales Leadership and find ways to improve processes and performance.
- Coordinate with carriers to ensure capacity availability and maximum utilization.
- Serve as primary escalation point to help carriers resolves issues with shippers that impact service and cost.