The Engineering Manager is a role held by an experienced individual who has people management skills and shows a genuine passion for helping others. The Engineering Manager promotes and influences a positive and healthy work environment daily, acting as a cultural ambassador.
The Engineering Manager is accountable for building and maintaining a foundational center of excellence by facilitating best practices adoption and supporting the career growth of the team members.
The Engineering Manager’s mission is to continue solidifying the company as:
The best place to grow: Level up the discipline.
- The best place to join: Scaling the organization.
- The best place to work: Employee engagement.
Your Day-to-Day Activities:
- Functions as an anchor for individual contributors throughout their journey at the company. Facilitates, provides guidelines, and is the main support for individual contributors’ development.
- Serves as a role model for the discipline members, is the go-to person for technical questions, mentorship, and career growth.
- Understands the team and individual’s technical needs and is accountable for the development of skills through training, certifications, academy, etc.
- Collaborates closely with the Talent Acquisition team to support the Hiring and Interviewing processes.
- Participates as an evaluator of technical skills, and cultural fit for the company.
- Sets quarterly OKRs for the discipline and achieves visible results in each of them.
- Sets performance and development goals.
- Is accountable for the performance management of the team, actively participates in the promotion sessions of the CGM (Continues Growth Management), and is also in charge of PIP (Performance Improvement Plans) when performance issues are identified.
- Builds community within the discipline members, ensures a productive and engaging environment for discipline members.
- Works closely with the Staffing team to cover project needs considering individuals' capabilities, experience, and aspirations.
- Serves as a hub between Delivery and project management to ensure projects goals are met and expectations are clear.
- Holds coaching and career development conversations; presents and describes opportunities for growth in order to help achieve career goals.
Manages the onboarding of new team members to the company and to the Discipline so that they are engaged and productive as soon as possible.
- Is responsible for the beach management of discipline members.
- Recommends certifications, materials, and training that can add value to the individual while waiting for a new project.
- Is responsible to procure fair and competitive compensation practices within the discipline’s team members by actively participating in the Hiring Process and Focal Review.