The CEO is responsible for the success of the company. Operations, marketing, strategy, financing, creation of company culture, human resources, hiring, firing, compliance with safety regulations, sales, PR, etc.
- Developing the strategy — and setting the startup ‘direction’. This is the first thing a startup CEO and the founding team need to do
- Building the team — that can execute the strategy and build the solution the team is aiming to offer to the market
- Setting goals — that will make sure the team is running in the direction set by the strategy. These goals need to be measurable.
- Assisting teams, ‘if’ needed — so that the organization continues to solve problems and push forward with the operations
- Monitoring progress — periodically reassessing the state of the strategy and team, making sure that they still make sense, and having the perseverance to adjust accordingly.