We are looking for a Software Architect who will be working with team members to ensure consistently elegant and scalable software architecture, efficient and resilient deployment and CI/CD infrastructure, and leverage existing and emerging cloud technology to create radically scalable, reliable, and innovative solutions for a disruptive company experiencing hyper growth.
This person will be willing to experiment with new technologies to reach customers, the role includes in the scope becoming the experts on content usage and customer insights.
The successful candidate will have experience working with Java, AWS, Agile Methodology. S/he should thrive in a culture of decisions based on analytics, be able to step-back and communicate both the strategic and immediate implications on priorities.
This candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills in both English and Spanish.
- Design and build core technology using industry leading technologies including virtualized and container-based infrastructure and related technologies, Aurora and NoSQL, and other AWS-based infrastructure in a way that improves delivery of new functionality.
- Review, audit, and provide feedback to engineers on best practices for securing software components.
- Track progress against milestones, identify and resolve obstacles, communicate objectives and requirements.
- Communicate and provide transparency for development status and progress within and outside the organization.
- Cooperation and coordination between the Product Management organization and the Engineering Team to ensure we build the right things and build things right.
- Communicate and train Engineers in software best practices, architectural principles, design patterns, and effective software development principles.
- Evaluate new technologies and create proof-of-concepts for expected use cases with sufficient detail to facilitate the decision-making process.
- Monitor and analyze security alerts and information and distribute to appropriate personnel.
- Establish, document, and distribute security incident response and escalation procedures to ensure timely and effective handling of all situations.