A Commercial Director is a high-level executive tasked with the job of leading a company through the commercial landscape. This means overseeing product development, identifying new market opportunities (alliances), determining the optimal pricing to balance profit with customer/client satisfaction, and directing marketing operations.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing).
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management..
- BA in business administration, finance or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.
- Proven experience as commercial director or other relevant role.
- Experience in Enterprise sales.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Experience managing sales teams.