The role will lead and direct financial accounting, financial reporting and regulatory reporting functions within Fintech in order to provide appropriate guidance for compliance with company accounting policies, as well as regulatory guidelines. In charge of daily conciliations with the different entities.
- Ensure financial transactions are in compliance with the company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Direct the implementation of financial accounting and general ledger activities in order to ensure accurate measurement and recording of financial transactions at Fintech.
- Manage the tax activity to ensure Fintech abides by tax legislation.
- Direct tax returns and the compliance to regulations to identify gaps and take corrective actions accordingly.
- Reconciliation and Control activities including suspense and control of general ledger accounts with the company, the payment processor, the issuer band, and other parties in order to ensure reporting of reconciliation reports and adherence to external audit report requirements and execute settlements between fintech and banks.
- Develop periodical financial reports ensuring highest standards of quality, accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements and the company policies.
- Prepare regulatory reports and ensure compliance with requirements to monitor and mitigate Fintech risks.
- Perform standard treasury activities for fintech such as: cash flow forecasting, monitoring working capital, managing company's bank account, etc.
Important decisions of the role:
- Raise red flags if significant deviations from budgets appear.
- Reviewing and approving invoices.
- Prioritize with involved areas the timely delivery of information to prepare reports.
- Determine the viable and correct process for the operation of Fintech at the accounting level, for it to be sustainable.
- High level of transactions of the app between consumers and merchants.
- Interact with all areas of Fintech as well as the company finance team.
- Align accounting practices with Fintech Law.
- Monthly reporting at the end of the month with high dependency of other areas.