We are looking for an entrepreneurial, passionate, and obsessive learner to join as Head of Mexico to help build, lead, grow, and manage our Mexico operation.
You need to have a hunger for proving yourself, thrive in uncertain situations, be a quick & deliberate decision maker, and a leader that can inspire and recruit those who are even more qualified than you.
- Be responsible for the Mexico office and all associated HR, finance, and legal responsibilities this entails.
- You will be incredibly involved in the nitty gritty workflow processes & product development for the first months, and then you will build systems & teams to scale those up.
- You will build relationships with local carriers, customs brokers, and port authorities to ensure our customers have a phenomenal experience. You will play an important role in commercial efforts and business development, responsible for local relationships with large & medium enterprises yourself.
- You will build, lead, and manage the Mexico team and have a budget that will afford you the ability to hire the most brilliant and high performing minds available.
- You will be tasked with building and maintaining a culture that rewards questioning dogma and helping reinvent old school processes.
- Work directly with the CEO, CTO, and executive team to define and achieve critical business and product milestones.
- You will have tremendous impact on our company culture and trajectory working closely with the founders and early team members.
- 2-5+ years experience with operations experience - startup or tech experience is a huge plus.
- Excellent communication (both English & Spanish) and organizational skills.
- Strong project management experience, ideally having led small or large teams.
- Exceptional business judgment and critical thinking skills.
- A track record of building, leading, and developing high performing teams.
- [Optional]: Ideally, you have some connections or ties to the Mexico logistics/supply chain ecosystem (carriers, customs brokers, port authorities, 3PL’s).