The Senior Accountant role will be an integral part of the Global Accounting team and will report to the Finance Manager in Mexico. This will be a permanent role that will involve a variety of functions in accounting, reporting and analysis, as well as ensuring adherence to internal controls and statutory compliance. The Senior Accountant will be required to lead the accounting and financial reporting function and reconciliations process and ensure all reporting and compliance deadlines are met.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reconciliations for Mexico cash flow, including disbursements, repayments and net cash.
- Manage all aspects of the month-end accounting close process for two Mexico entities, including reporting status and results to US parent.
- Manage monthly completion of cash and balance sheet account reconciliations to NetSuite.
- Issue financial reports required by management, including accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives
Process full-cycle accounts payable and manage vendors.
- Manage local statutory audits and assist with annual corporate external audits as necessary.
- Coordinate with the external tax consultants for the tax filings and ensure compliance with accounting, tax and other statutory requirements.
- Assist to file VAT returns and other tax returns as necessary.
- Organize and maintain financial records
Analyze the impact of foreign exchange exposure.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies and procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- Max 4 years of accounting experience in a similar position
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
- Exposure to researching accounting conclusions documenting support for conclusions reached
- Experience with Mexican GAAP, US GAAP & IFRS a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Solid organizational and project-management skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to self-manage and work independently
- Experience working with multiple international subsidiaries and foreign currency exchange accounting and operational issues is strongly preferred