You will be in the driver's seat of the core operations of our business. We are redefining one of the oldest (and largest) industries, and so we are on the hunt for someone that is the rare combination of creative, strategic, operational and highly numbers-oriented. For an individual that has overseen the expansion of a hypergrowth startup and wants to do it again from the ground floor, we offer a terrific opportunity to build a team and own a huge function at a startup that is about to take off.
- Build a team: we're looking for people that can come in and build a team from day 1. This team will consist of both operational staff and strategic thinkers, so we'll need someone bilingual that is as comfortable managing workers as s/he is poking around someone's Excel or SQL analysis.
- Rethink the way people travel: when people visit a new country, they have preconceived notions of how that travel is supposed to work. You will lead the efforts in turning those expectations upside down and then figuring out how to make it happen.
- Manage a (large) budget: you will be in charge of allocating resources (money and people) to hit your objectives, and you feel comfortable making tough decisions, managing complex projects, and negotiating with outside vendors.
- Have 5+ years work experience across both operational and strategic roles. This may include: top-tier consulting firm or business school, a strategic role at a hypergrowth startup, or anything highly analytical.
- Know that "done fast" is better than "perfectly done". You know that analysis paralysis is the death of any startup, and so have a strong bias towards getting things done.
- Are highly creative and love out-of-the-box solutions. You find yourself wondering "why is this done this way?" every time you go to a restaurant, check in at a hotel, ride in an airplane. You love new ways of thinking and can't wait for technology to change everything.
- Crave feedback: You know that rapid feedback and open communication are the only way to grow.